Kale Salad with Pine Nuts, Currants and Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 7 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 bunch of kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves thinly sliced crosswise
Place currants in small bowl; add 5 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar. Let soak overnight. Drain currants.
Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar, honey, oil, and salt in large bowl. Add kale, currants, and pine nuts; toss to coat. Let marinate 20 minutes at room temperature, tossing occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese shavings over salad and serve.
Bon Appétit | February 2009 by Dan Barber