Garlic Scape Pesto
- 10 to 12 large garlic scapes, with the bulb removed, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup (lightly packed) clean and dry basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup (or more depending on how thick you want your pesto) of good quality olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
Add garlic scapes, basil and salt to the large bowl of a food processor. Start processing, adding oil slowly. Stop processing and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Once a smooth paste has been achieved, add parmesan and process until completely mixed in.Stop processing and all of the nuts. Pulse processor until nuts are roughly chopped and fully mixed in. This gives the pesto a great texture.