Store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the refrigerator. Best when eaten within a week.
Green Beans are a good source of Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate and Manganese.
- To prepare, break off the top of the bean at the stem end.
- Best when blanched or steam for 5-10 min.
- Beans are done when the color begins to brighten & become tender (not soft or mushy).
- If you serving the beans cold in a salad, cook them less so they stay crisp.
- Flavor with butter, lemon juice, sautéed onions, or herbed vinaigrette.