Cucumber, Tomato & Red Onion Salad
- 1/4 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 lb. tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c. basil-infused olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
In a small bowl, soak the onion slices in icy cold water for 15 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry. In a large bowl, add the onions, cucumbers and tomatoes and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over the salad and serve immediately.
Add some nice salty feta cheese to this dish to make a nice light lunch.
Recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com